Hire The Safest And Fastest Rodent Controllers In Melbourne
Have rodents made a mess out of your house or property? You have tried every DIY but you are not able to control them. Then you shall look for a professional rodent control company that should be efficient and affordable. Ace Pest Control is the perfect choice for you.
Our company does not only provide you the efficient services and affordable prices but we also provide you prompt and long-lasting services. Moreover, Our Rodent Control Melbourne team is full of experts who have years of experience and will remove any level of rodent infestation at your places.
Let Us Get Back to You.
Types of Rodents
The most common species of rodents are found in Australia.
- Norway Rat: The Norway Rats are usually known as sewer rats or brown rats. These rats are slightly larger in size than roof rats. They have long and heavy bodies in comparison to other rats. These Norway rats cause damage to the property and other structures with their gnawing.
- House Mouse: These House Mouse are small mammals with a pointed snout, rounded ears, and have a long hairy tails. This is a domesticated mouse i.e mostly found near human activities. While eating or fighting they stand on their hind legs with the additional support of their tail.
- Roof Rat: The roof rats are also known as ship rats or black rats. They are usually black or light brown in color with a light shade underside. These rats are omnivores and considered a bad pest infestation for a farmer as they feed on crops. They like to live on roofs and ceilings.
What is the difference between Rats and Mice?
Mice can feed on anything but usually prefer to have cereal grains and plants. They generally build a nest close to the easy availability of food sources. The mice build their nest using paper or any other soft material. They can be found indoors and outdoors in rural as well as urban areas.
Mice are small in size around 1-4 inches long. They are light brown with a gray shade on their body and a dark tail. Mice have large ears with some hair on them. These mice have small heads and feet along with a pointed snout. The weight of adult mice is 0.5 ounces. Their droppings look like rods and have a musky odor. Mice are color blind but they have sharp hearing, smell, taste, and touch senses.
Mice are considered fast runners and are excellent at climbing, jumping and they are good at swimming too. Though, they are small in size but can jump up to 13 inches. They can also climb up through rough surfaces and can run along ropes, wires, and cables. Mice are nocturnal and remain active from dusk to dawn. They don’t prefer to come out in bright light but sometimes they come out in search of food or if there is any disturbance in their nest.
Rats like to have anything but mostly prefer to feed on grain and meat. To survive rats need 2 ounces of fluid every day. They try to search for food in the same and different places each day. Rats prefer to dig burrows and live under the buildings, along fences, and under plants. They can also nest up high in attics, roofs, trees.
Not all rats look the same. Like if we talk about brown rats, they have thick and heavy bodies with small ears and blunt snouts. These rats are brown with a black shade on them and have dark tails. On the other side, black rats have slender and light bodies with large ears and pointed snouts. They have gray bodies with black shades and dark tails.
Rats are likely to enter through small spaces like cracks. They are good at swimming which helps them to live in sewers and can enter the house through broken drainage pipes and toilets. Rats can climb high to get food, water, and shelter. They follow the same path every day while searching for food or shelter. They never move far away from their nests or burrows and stay within 300 feet. Rats have poor eyesight and usually active at night.
Symptoms of Having A Rodent Infestation
Here are some symptoms which will show that having rodent infestation at your domestic or business place.
- You can recognize the indications of chewing on rubber materials and plastic.
- Partial chewing of fruits, food packaging.
- Rodent sightings inside the premises can be seen.
- You can detect their sound from the attic, roof, ceilings, and wall spaces.
- Rodent urine and droppings can be seen where there are rodents.
- Rodents usually make their nest in the ground.
- The unpleasant smell of rats and mice.
Risks of Having Rodents Inside the Premises
Rodents pose many risks to your family’s health and your belongings. Ineffective rodent control can lead to the following results:
- Damage of Property – They can cause serious damage including chewing the electrical wiring and insulation. Rats are also capable of ruining plasterboard, wallpapers, and can make holes in wooden floorboards.
- Annoying Noises – Nocturnal rodents can cause insomnia in adults by making screeching noises and scratching continuously throughout the night.
- Deadly Diseases – Rats carry a huge number of deadly viruses like the plague, Lassa fever, hantavirus, and many more. They are disease-transmitting pests and spread several health hazards as they can.
Steps Followed To Control Rodents in Melbourne
Rodents mainly depend on 3 environmental factors i.e food, water, and shelter.
- Elimination of Food & Water: To control rodents, you need to eliminate all the potential sources of food on the premises. Try to pick up all the fruits fallen on the ground regularly. Keep the trash bins tightly closed. Don’t store the food items in the garage until and unless they are covered with metal containers. You should eliminate the leaking pipes and never leave the drains open. Also, cover the pet food and don’t leave it open outdoors.
- Kill the Rodents: After taking all the precautions, rodents should be trapped using a snap trap. You can place a trap near the nest of rodents where they hide. But ensure that you don’t place the trap where there is the disturbance of children and pets as snap traps are very DANGEROUS. It’s not recommended to use poison baits indoors. You have to dispose of the dead rats using tightly sealed containers. Then clean and sanitize the area of infestation.
- Elimination of Shelter: Seal up all the entry points through which the rodents can enter. Try to cover the ventilation points with vent covers. Dispose of the garbage daily. Cut down the bushes and trees so that the rats can’t enter the premises through the roof. Try to clean up the vegetation area regularly. You need to remove all the hiding places of rodents.
Rodent Prevention Tips
There are many methods to prevent and get rid of rats infestations
Seal up leaks inside and outside the house to block rodent entry.
Eliminate all damp sites, including leaking water pipes and jammed ducts.
Keep the garden tree trimmed to block hiding places for rodents.
Keeping items cleaned is the best way to prevent rats and mice.
How to Keep The Rodents Away?
Having control of rodents is the most difficult task but you can adopt some preventive measures like not leaving things open. There should not be any open cracks or crevices in the house. All the vents, windows, and doors should be kept neat and clean. These rodents usually grow into rugged and dirty places, so maintain cleanliness at houses and offices which will definitely avoid the entry of rodents. You can also get pest treatment Brisbane at regular intervals to keep a bay on them.
Always remember, that trapping and killing a rodent will not achieve long-term rodent control. After the shelter of rodents has been removed, there should be complete removal of shelter regularly. If the property is harbourage free then the rodents will not get attracted to it. The people living in the property are responsible for removing the rodent harbourage otherwise they will be taken charge of the infestation. For better removal of rodents, you can contact Ace Pest Control experts for the service.
Why Hire Our Rodent Controller?
You can hire the professional team of Ace Pest Control Melbourne and get rid of live & dead rats from your house. Here are the few points that will build your trust in us:
We provide 24×7 emergency dead rodent removal services across Melbourne. You will get a same-day rat & mice treatment service.
We offer a top-quality and cost-effective service that is pocket-friendly. We have a helpful crew that delivers the service according to the customer’s needs.
We have accredited and approved rodent controllers that give 100% client satisfaction. Full training is provided to our specialists after a regular period of time.
Our experts are always ready to serve rodent removal throughout Melbourne. We serve all areas of Melbourne at the fairest price. You will get quick and trustworthy assistance at an amazing value.
Office Location in Melbourne
If you live near a field or in a place full of woods, it is common that you have to deal with field mice and rats every winter and fall. Following are the tips to avoid this problem:
– Seal up all the holes and openings in the outer walls and place strips on your doors- mainly the garage one. To avoid rats from entering the hole, you may place a pencil in it.
– Put live traps in the doorway and garage, ensure no child has access to any of them.
– Trim your trees and bushes at least 12 feet from your roof.
– Ensure attics and foundation have ¼ inches of hardware fabric properly fitted near the opening. And, perform the same thing for any of your vents in the roof area.
Domestic rats and mice live near you and damage your belongings. Have a look at four easy to follow steps to control rodents.
Step 1: Remove water and food source
Step 2: Destroy the rodents by baits or traps
Step 3: Remove harborage and shelter
Step 4: Maintain a clean rat-free environment
When it is about timely scheduled rodent control, we recommend you to have rodent inspections every 2 to 3 months. Based on inspections, our Melbourne rodent controllers give an applicable treatment plan.